Hi, I'm Elissa Jordan, a wine educator based in Wellington, New Zealand. Winefulness wine masterclasses are a great way to learn about wine in a fun and relaxed manner.
Hi, I’m Elissa
I’m from the wilds of Northern Ontario in Canada, but now call windy Wellington home. In 2012 I took the plunge and dove into the world of wine. More recently I've started to find ways to share my love of wine with others.
The wines I bring to the tasting table have been sought out and hand picked for their artisanal credentials, their quality and their ability to enhance an experience by being adventurous, interesting, more authentic and thought provoking.
New Zealand wines and producers hold a special place in my tasting repertoire, as do wines that can boast about minimal intervention and those that champion beauty and elegance over power.
Every Winefulness tasting event is defined by a few key principles - from helping to inspire an appreciation of wine without being too serious about it; answering all pesky questions, especially those you didn't know you had; and most importantly developing an understanding of your tastes - like or dislike takes a back seat to being able to say why.
MORE ABOUT ME
A quick look at a few of my experiences and accomplishments:
- 2012: Started blogging as the Winey Little Bitch + WSET Level 2, passed with distinction;
- 2013: WSET Level 3, passed with distinction + an ongoing spot as a judge on the Consumer NZ wine panel;
- 2014: Wine stewarding at the New Zealand International Wine Show + regular wine columnist for Eat Magazine;
- 2015: Founded the Wine in Wellington Meetup Group + started WSET Level 4, the Diploma;
- 2016: Event Managed Budburst, New Zealand's first natural wine festival;
- 2017: Completed my WSET Diploma + started working with Wine Sentience;
- 2018: Joined the wine tutor team at Le Cordon Bleu + brought back Budburst happening 11.11.2018.
My wine studies follows on from a Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry, a Journalism Diploma, several Yoga Teacher Training certifications and a career in the not-for-profit sector as a Senior Digital Project Manager.