What I offer
A place for all things wine in Wellington. Welcome! Winefulness is perfect for experienced tasters, grape nuts, enthusiastic amateurs and complete beginners alike, these entertaining and informative tastings will deepen your knowledge and fine-tune your appreciation for wine.
what I offer
I run regular public tastings around Wellington as an opportunity for the wine curious to discover new styles and flavours and as a chance to deepen your knowledge and understanding of wine, in a friendly setting, with your expert tutor on hand. The tastings complement each other, but are designed to stand alone so you don’t need any prior knowledge or experience. Sign up to our enews to stay in the know about upcoming events.
Yoga by the glass: a yoga + wine class at Urban Yoga
Chocolate + wine at Wellington Chocolate Factory
Wine + cheese at Salty Pidgin
What is natural wine? at Ancestral
Winter warmers at Cult Wine
Private and Corporate tastings
Any Winefulness wine tasting can be crafted specially to suit groups of two or more. Whether it’s a group of colleagues who are wanting to learn in a social setting, a foodie wanting to know more about pairing wine and food, a visitor to Wellington who is looking for an introduction to Wellington and New Zealand wine or friends celebrating at a pre-wedding party with a difference, these tastings are for you.
POSSIBLE TASTINGS EXPERIENCES
- Old World vs New World: how are wines from the old world and new similar? And how do they differ. This tasting will help you find out.
- The wines and regions of New Zealand: a trip from north to south, introducing the region and their wines.
- Pairing wine and food tasting: you pick cheese, chocolate or a full-on multi-course meal.
- Beery & wine: a tasting for those who normally drink beer, I’ll point you in the direction of the best wines to try for your tastes.
- Completely blind: this can be a look at a region, a variety, or for the more competitive it can be a challenge to see who can identify the most wines.
Contact me on email@example.com for more. Please note prices vary depending on the number of wines, the number of tasters and the venue being used. Glass hire and nibbles can also be arranged as needed.